Saturday, February 9, 2008

Gracious Giving

One of my best friends who lives in Woodstock stopped by to write a check for $1,000 to help mom and dad pay some of the medical bills that they are incurring with the alternative treatment.

Would you please stop and thank God for this gracious gift? It was a sacrificial gift. He has a nice job that pays well, but he is not wealthy. I pray that the Lord would greatly bless both the gift and the giver (and his sweet family). He is one of the most gracious givers that I have ever met and I have seen him give over and over behind the scenes in ways that people would never know about. God, please bless my friend.

The pastor of mom and dad's church, Dr. Johnny Hunt has always taught us that, "You are never more like Jesus than when you are giving." My friend was definitely like Jesus this week.

No comments: