Thursday, March 6, 2008

Immune Recovery Clinic

On Wednesday, I took records and protocols to Kaiser oncologists, to Dr. Feuer and to the Immune Recovery Clinic in Dunwoody.

When I entered this clinic, the first thing to strike me as odd was that there was an open Bible as the main display on a table at the entrance.

I got to speak with Dr. Kinsolving and Mr. Bradford at the Immune Recovery Clinic. They were excited about the papers from Sanoviv and Dr. McKee. I arranged for us to go in today and tomorrow for a entrance examination and consultation. In addition today, they gave Jane an IV of Vitamin C. This place would follow the program we have been given by Dr. Perez and Dr. McKee. Insurance would probably not pay much of it.

Kaiser called me back and is giving us another referral to another doctor that they contract with and she is in Dunwoody. I hope to make an appointment tomorrow for early next week so that we can determine right away the exact path to take.

We did not hear anything from Dr. Feuer.

Jane really liked the people at the Clinic today. They were positive. And although it was not Sanoviv by any stretch, the staff is positive and very knowledgeable about most of what we learned at Sanoviv.

Jane's legs were very weak today. She can only take a few steps at a time without rest. She has more pain. I think this clinic can help her but it is important to get on with it I believe.
Please keep us in your prayers. Thanks, Dave.

PS - Jane says she is just overwhelmed by all the support by so many people.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I am so sorry you are going through this right now, but hopefully this new place will be the right one to help you! It must be frustrating to have this "pause" in the treatment but maybe by next week you will be back on track and feel better about it all. Thanks for the continued updates. Always in our prayers! Love Susan

Anonymous said...

Jane and Dave, I'm never sure these messages ever get out but here goes! I think about you often and pray for all things possible. You have such a beautiful family. If only I had had the chance to teach Dan in school, I could have made a clean sweep! You must be very proud of all of them. And the grankdis....they are God's true gifts. Pleas know that we hold you all dear to our hearts. Love you bunches. Julie and George Caponigro